Animation Journey

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Second Quarter Begins with a Stroll

So, I'm a little late getting this week in, as I've been away on business. Now that I'm back, here is the scoop:

Make a personality walk with Stewie (or pose model).

Here is what I turned in:

Stu Goes looking for his Arms

Crits:

  • More Y-rotation in hips
  • A little spine action please, Stu's looking pretty stiff
  • Timing in the hips taking the weight. (rotation to take the weight appears to early for Charles Alleneck, My mentor extrordinaire). I need some extra coaching on that, as I can never really tell how much rotation i need to lift the let forward and then how much i need to plant the weight on that same side. Hmmm. Experimentation and experience.
  • Im coming out of the shoulder counter too fast.. In the real world, this may actually be accurate, but it doesn't READ well. I'm beginning to understand better the concept of designing for a good "read" vs copying nature.
  • I also noticed that I couldnt get this one foot to not slide. GRRRR it is apparently a rigging issue that has been solved with the new Stu.

This is a short blog folks, It's late and I'm pretty tired. Look for these improvements in the next assignment.

Truth is I forgot to duplicate the hip motions to the remaining steps (DOH!) no wonder I remember doing them, but they don't show up! So many of these fixes will happen quickly :)

~philro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home