Animation Journey

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Walk This Waaaaaaayyy

This week was our first walk cycle. It kicked my butt a little bit.

I mean, the more you learn about truly animating, and not just moving things around on paper, the more you realize you don't know about it.

I don't have much time to comment this week. Im busy as hell and have to get back to work. But here is my walk cycle for this week.

Walk This Way

I'm always unhappy with my work after its done. Its just my way of pushing hard. And this is no exception. I got some good feedback on why it was not quite right...

  1. the heels may be lifting a little early.
  2. The hips take the weight, but they don't counter back to allow more clearance for the lifting foot. My stuff drags the foot under ..that is a BIGGEE and I'm glad to get that kind of crit. I can't wait to fix this and see how it looks
  3. Leaning a little too far forward.

But otherwise pretty solid. With this single ball and legs there is no where to hide if you get something out of joint. You can't dazzle anyone with a nice hand gesture or shoulder counter to take attention away from an errant hip or step.

This was hard, but once again, i found myself unable to tear myself away from the assignment until early morning hours...its just a gas to do.

-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home