Animation Journey

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Assignment 3

Hey everyone. I whipped this up last night.. its the pencil test for a shot I want to do for my 2D over achever dealio.

BounceTest.mov

I see the following things:

  1. I need to remove the big stretch in the beginning to get it inside the parameters of the assignment. Ideas? I couldn't help myself.
  2. I need to add "ONES" at the point of impact to create more stickyness
  3. i need more in-betweens in the slower arc sections
  4. I need to slow down the end just before dropping into the cup (for dramatic effect)
  5. I have a frame out of registration right at the end (doh!)
As for the planned steps:
  1. layering:
    1. backspin visual indicators.. im thinking add the AM logo on the golf ball!
    2. a couple extra splat debri peices that disapate
    3. a mysterious ine to screen left that later is revealed as the flag stick (i'll shake it a tiny bit on teh percived impact of the ball at the bottom of the cup)
    4. the slightest hair of debri at the end of the bounces to really punch the backspin direction change.
So I planned the animation out, then I keyed my timing, and finally animated for the most part straight ahead.



I got the debri out of animating straight ahead, but It cost me a little in my spacing on teh last 10 frames or so. Not a bad trade. I get some appeal, and all I have to do is redraw a dozen or so positioned balls!


Thanks for any feedback! I'm going to draw again after I do my 3D assignment (which will be waaaaaay more simple :)

My AM handle is philro... this animation is in my public review area.

Thanks
-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home