Animation Journey

Friday, April 15, 2005

Disney Feature SIGGRAPH event! Awesome!

Hey all,
I went to the Disney SIG event at Fort Mason last night. Wow! what a gracious team from Disney. They shared some great work in progress, some tests and some final shots. They spoke about the process and demo'ed some of the internal tools they use (Paint3D was AWESOME!). They spoke a little about technical issues like switching from Nurbs to SubD models for better paint control. It was a great talk.

Many thanks for Jefferson Thomas, one of my first Animation Mentors (he turned me on to Villpu and the Illusion of Life) for ringin' me up and inviting me to join him. He's a talented animator and one of those guys that you stay in contact for life.

Also ran into Taylor from AM! The first contact "IRL" with a fellow AM student. My strategy was to walk around with JT and talk about AM in a semi-loud voice (trolling for students). It Worked! Anyway.. Nice to meet someone as excited with this school as I am. One of the coolest things about AM is how stoked everyone is and how open we all are to each other's critics and encouragement!

Finally, I was DOUBLE STOKED to get home and find out that Derek mentioned one of my poses in the Q and A! He couldn't remember my name (its cool, I aint mad atcha :)) but it was pretty awesome to have anyone of Derek's caliber remember my work, let alone cite it.

All in all a great way to spend an evening I must say! I'm going to get more involved with the SIG. Seems like a great way to get closer to the industry and meet some cool folks!

-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home